Chronometriq was founded in 2012 by enthusiasts who had set themselves the task of freeing us from waiting room frustrations. Shortly after, they realized that they had the opportunity not only to improve access to the health care system, but also to help clinics work more efficiently and reduce their operating costs.
Aware of the extreme importance of the security and availability of the data in their possession, Chronometriq opted for Amazon Web Services (AWS) solutions as the foundation of their digital offer.
Chronometriq started its technological operations using a combination of EC2 and RDS instances. Following the success of these initial AWS products, they decided to update their platform and optimize it according to their working method. The resulting new architecture uses modern technologies and methodologies such as continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI / CD) as well as containers. Developers can now spend more time on new product features rather than operational issues related to infrastructure and deployment.
AWS CodePipeline is used for the development and production environments. Each change is sent to the team’s Git repository, a new build is then triggered. CodePipeline begins building a container with the new code, then automated tests are performed. Teams can see the results and validate the build.
Once validated, the deployment is performed automatically on the development environment to perform a series of functional tests. The build is then deployed in production transparently to customers via the rolling update functionality.
In addition, Chronometriq’s products being subject to large fluctuations in trafic, ECS Fargate allows the demand for capacity to be managed automatically.
Services in Use
The following services are used in their architecture:
- AWS Codepipeline automates their software release process, allowing them to quickly make new features available to users. Automating their creation, review and publication process allows them to quickly and easily test each code change and spot bugs when they are still small and easy to fix.
- With AWS Fargate, Chronometriq focuses on the creation and operation of its applications. They only interact and pay for their containers, and avoid the initial operational costs of sizing, updating, securing and managing servers. Fargate guarantees that the infrastructure on which the containers are running has the latest updates at all times.
- AWS Elastic Load Balancing automatically distributes inbound application traffic to multiple targets, such as Amazon EC2 instances, containers, IP addresses, and Lambda functions. It can manage the variable traffic load of their applications in a single availability zone or across several availability zones. Elastic Load Balancing offers three types of load balancers, all offering the high availability, automatic scaling and robust security necessary to ensure fault tolerance of their applications.
- Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) allows them to easily install, manage, and scale a relational database in the cloud. This service offers them an economic and adjustable capacity as well as automation of long and arduous administrative tasks, such as the allocation of equipment, the configuration of databases, the application of patches and backups. They can therefore focus freely on their applications, to give them the fast performance, high availability, security and compatibility they need.
Their architecture provides these important benefits:
- Amazon ECS eliminates the need to install applications and manage servers. This reduces the time for managing infrastructure capacity.
- Developers no longer spend time on infrastructure maintenance and rather focus on implementing new features.
- ECS integrates perfectly with CI / CD pipelines allowing simpler and safer deployments.
Thanks to AWS technologies, Chronometriq can now thrive to be the leader of the industry.
For assistance with deploying and migrating your technology solutions at AWS, contact us and we will be happy to assist you.