At Techso, we are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information while using our websites, products or services. In this policy, Techso sets out how we collect and use personally identifiable information and personal data, including information that you provide to us.
Scope of this Policy
Collecting your Personal Information
Personal information is information that identifies you individually, such as your name, address, email address, company name, phone number, or other identifying information that is specific to you. Personal information is collected by Techso on our websites, for example when you register for such items as events, newsletters, reports, software or documentation downloads, or discussion groups. Personal information collected by Techso often is limited to your name, email address, language, country or location, but may include other information when needed to provide a service you requested or to support your use of our products. Techso may also obtain personal data from third-parties.
Techso may collect and use non-personalized information (mouse clicks, etc.) on an aggregate, anonymized basis for the purpose of monitoring and improving the Site. We may also automatically collect and store certain anonymized information such as: statistics on your activities on the Site (date, time, pages viewed, language preferences and length of time on our Site); information about how you came to and used the Site; your Internet Protocol (IP) address/MAC address/device identifier, broad geographic location (e.g., country or city-level location) and other technical data collected through cookies, pixel tags and other similar technologies that uniquely identify your browser. For further information on Cookies, please see the Cookies section below. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website, including use of a website recording service which may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, and page scrolling. Anonymized information we collect about you may become associated with you once you provide your personal information by submitting a form. In such cases, we will treat all such information as personal information.
Use of your Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect from you to:
– make the Site easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once;
– help you quickly find software, services or information;
– provide you with products or services that you have ordered;
– help us create and deliver content most relevant to you through location customization, personalized help and instructions, and other ways to personalize your experiences while using the website;
– contact you to promote our products and services, as well as to alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new services from Techso. For example, Techso’s partners may contact you by email, post or phone;
– help us optimize our customer and partner relationship management;
– improve your user experience with our websites, products and services both on an aggregated and individualized basis;
– operate our products and services, for example when you create a Techso account;
– help us troubleshoot any problems you might experience with our products and services;
– if you apply for a job vacancy on the Site, to assess your application and communicate with you about this;
– process your payments and purchases;
– comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
Techso will not use personal information in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
Sharing your Personal Information
Techso may share any information you provide to Techso (including information collected from our Site) with members of the international Techso group companies or an authorized Techso vendor or partner (such as distributors and resellers of Techso software and services and contractors providing services on our behalf). If you are a partner/distributor or potential partner/distributor of Techso, Techso may also share your data with other partners/distributors with whom we do business so that they may contact you regarding their opportunities. If you register for or attend a Techso event, seminar or webinar Techso may share participant information (e.g. your name, company, and email address) with other participants, organizers or hosts of the same event, seminar, or webinar in order to facilitate the event and the subsequent exchange of ideas.
Techso will only share personal information to the extent needed to perform the uses listed above and will take such steps as are necessary to safeguard personal information. For example, our vendors and partners are required to keep such personal information confidential and not to use it other than for the purposes intended. Techso does not sell or rent personal information to third parties unless you have given us permission to do so.
Where necessary, personal information may be transferred from one country to another (such as outside the EEA) and adequate procedures will be taken by Techso to protect personal information.
Techso may disclose your personal information, without notice, to comply with legal requirements, including any regulation, in relation to legal proceedings or investigations by governmental or law enforcement agencies, including criminal investigations, or to meet tax or other reporting requirements, including to (a) comply with legal process served on Techso or the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Techso, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Techso, its Web sites, or the public.
Techso will employ reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Such measures may include the use of password protection and restricting access to personal information to those with a legitimate purpose in receiving the information.
Techso takes reasonable steps to help ensure that the personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current. Reasonable steps shall also be taken to accommodate privacy preferences, such as restricting access to the personal information to those who have a legitimate business need to know the information, anonymizing certain information, or assigning codes or pseudonyms when the actual names are not required for the purpose at hand.
Employees who have access to such personal information shall be trained regarding this Policy, advised that they are responsible for fully complying with the privacy principles articulated in this Policy and instructed that violations of these principles shall result in appropriate discipline up to and including termination.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our site and records no website or Internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
By visiting our Site, cookies will be placed on your device (computer, mobile or tablet). A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed on your device by websites you visit. Some of the cookies we use are strictly necessary to operate our Site. Others relate to the Site’s performance and functionality and to your preferences. Techso uses the following cookies and similar technologies on the Site:
1. Strictly necessary: These cookies enable the Site to function correctly and deliver the services and products you have requested. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering sites you have visited on the internet.
2. Performance & Functionality: These cookies do things like remember your preferred language, understand your preferences and associates users to any forms you submit to use to enable pre-completion of subsequent forms. Other cookies are placed only for the time or session you visit our Site or whether you are a new or returning visitor to our site.
3. Analytics: We use a third-party analytics tool to help us analyze how our Site is used, such as allowing us to compile reports on website activity and providing us other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website may be transmitted to and stored on a server located outside the country where you live.
4. Third-Party Remarketing Cookies: These are cookies used by third-party companies that we trust to show you ad banners on other websites.
Where allowed by law, you may request access to the personal information Techso holds about you. You should make the request in writing and Techso will respond to that request in line with local laws. If you have a legal right of access, that right also allows you to correct, amend or delete that information when it is inaccurate.
If an individual becomes aware that the information Techso maintains on him or her is inaccurate, the individual may contact the individuals listed in the Contact Information section of this Policy.
There may be circumstances when Techso is unable to provide access to your personal information. Techso may also deny or restrict access for legally permissible reasons, such as situations where the information contains references to other individuals and it is not possible to separate out your personal information, or where it cannot be disclosed for legal, security, or commercial proprietary reasons.Techso will endeavor to advise you of any reason for denying or restricting an access request.
Techso does not knowingly or intentionally collect information from anyone under the age of 16, and we request that anyone under the age of 16 not submit personal information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that someone under the age of 16 has submitted personal information, we will delete the information from our records.
Inquiries or complaints regarding this Policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Statement
Techso reserves the right to modify or update this privacy statement at any time without notice.